Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Pain brings Spiritual Awakening

 
http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/view-image.php?image=86017&picture=butterfly-on-hand
     If I ponder on some of my darkest days....they become so real I can taste them. I can re-experience every sensation that encompassed me. I am slowly becoming a humble, and emotionally mature creature. I see that, I can use that pondering, as a tool to study and learn from the past. When I get too carried away with any one distraction from this world, it is good for me to settle down for some meditation time. In those moments, sullen, and serious, and deep, I find I reflect on what my life story has taught me. There is a path, there is a mountain to climb, there is a direction to go, there is a gateway to be entered. Unfortunately that path is narrow, the mountain quite steep, I'm at a loss at directions sometimes, and the gateway, well it is covered with angels, who I dare not pass.

     One thing is for sure, if I have any hope....which most certainly we all do, I must be brave.
I must be brave in the storm even if brave means shaking and shivering it out ,bruised and broken and scared, only to rise with the sun to feed the hungry children. What is brave?  Brave is courage. What is courage? It doesn't mean you don't doubt yourself, or you aren't scared, or you have everything under control. It means you don't give up, you have hope, you believe in possibilities, you rely on unseen help. It means you embrace empty moments, and just let them melt into you as your heart pleads for answers. It takes a brave, courageous woman or man to walk the narrow path , to enter the angel guarded gates.

    The lessons pain has taught me is that in those darkest reflections called memories, I can be prepared for something so vast in purpose, so beyond my finite comprehension, that I wouldn't trade all the suffering of a lifetime, to miss out on knowledge like that. That very knowledge leads me into true spiritual awakening. You know you have struck the brilliantly lit pot of spiritual gold, when you can no longer look in the mirror without seeing in the reflection, the suffering of the whole world. There it is, when that moment happens, grasp hold before it slips beyond reach again. Hold tight, and use that tug on your heart called compassion. Take that hard earned gift, and touch someones life today. It doesn't have to be someone you know or someone you feel is deserving of your compassion, actually it may be best if it's not. Go touch a life, that no one wants to touch. And then no matter how it is received, the reflection in the mirror, will show you your path, the narrow one, the one you never thought you could maintain, the one that leads you down a road that connects to choruses of angles beckoning you to stay.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments about your experience with this topic. You may request I blog about another topic as well.